Research And Planning Essay

My research and planning skills have been created from before my AS college magazine without even realizing that i was using these skills. For example my use of Instagram and take selfies to post on this social media improved my skills such as understanding camera angles, trying all different angles to see which one i would like the most and doing basic editing on photos such as being able to add filters and increasing the brightness on a photo. Learning all these little things had a contribution towards my research and planning skills and tasks i would do in AS and A2 media.

My first preliminary task in AS was to create a college magazine. I done no research for this preliminary task, especially doing research towards a target audience.It is evident in my college magazine that no audience research as there not no direct audience which can be guessed based on cover lines that feature on the magazine which would interest college students, also none of my cover lines on the college magazine actually has any relation to colleges or useful information for college students,meaning that my college magazine was just direct to people attending college and was not more specific such as type of college students ( A-Level, BTEC, IB, etc). For  my college magazine, i done no planning prior to me designing my college magazine, meaning i was not given any template to follow. This is evident in my college magazine as my 2 other cover lines here places diagonally across the magazine and not horizontally. This is shows that there rules to creating a college magazine that should have been followed and i would have become aware of if i had done planning before starting to construct my college magazine.  

My research for my music magazine had a slight improvement from my college magazine as i had done no prior research towards the audience research of my college magazine. For my music magazine, i spent a small amount of time on my audience research and created a questionnaire to ask my target audience what they would prefer to see on a hip hop music magazine and what they would expect to be featured. Even though i only asked a small small sample of 5 people, i did get a few features which people would expect to see on a magazine such as giveaways and all other cover lines relating to new and current hip hop artists. My planning for my music magazine was improved hugely from my college magazine as before i started my music magazine, i looked at 3-4 different hip hop music magazine to get a idea the typical conventions of the layout for hip hop magazine, which i then used to created a template for my own music magazine which was i had a 2 page In design document where i had a real hip hop magazine on one side and my draft of music magazine on the other and i continued this layout of drafting until my completed magazine.

For my summer horror trailer, 

Comments

Post a Comment